Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Steak strips are stir-fried with broccoli and simmered in a tangy tomato sauce. Served over rice, this tasty dish is sure to please your dinnertime crowd.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless beef top sirloin steaks or 1 lb beef top round steak, 3/4 inch thick, cut into thin strips
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets or 3 cups frozen broccoli florets
- 1 cup long-grain white rice, prepared according to package directions (about 3 cups)
- Heat the oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef and stir-fry until well browned.
- Stir the soup, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic powder and red pepper, if desired, in the skillet and heat to a boil. Stir in the broccoli and cook until it's tender-crisp. Serve the beef mixture over the rice.
- RECIPE TIPS:.
- Ingredient Note: To make slicing easier, freeze the beef for 1 hour.
- Serving Suggestions: Serve with glazed baby carrots: steam carrots with a touch of butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. For dessert serve chocolate ice cream.