Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
The recipe comes from Taste of Home. The mop sauce calls for corn syrup; however, you can use sorghum or a light molases for a healthier version.
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 (3 lb) beef brisket
- Combine the first 7 ingredients in a large saucepan and bring to a boil; stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally; remove from heat.
- Place the brikset in a shallow rosting pan; pour sauce over.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 2 to 2 1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
- Let stand 5 minutes before slicing thinly across the grain.
Well, I tried this and though it isn't a bad recipe it is actually a starting point but aren't all recipes? I added spices and vegetables, i.e., garlic, onion, cayenne pepper, to punch this boring recipe up a bit. Thanks for the recipe though!!!!!
I'm sorry to say this, but this sauce is a conglomeration of ingredients which turn out to be a mess. I know that thought went into this recipe and I appreciate the effort.