Recipe by Miss Annie
My husband likes horseradish with beef and this recipe makes him happy. I like to serve braised cabbage or slaw with this.
Top Review by Mrs. Moon
This is very good. I used a smaller brisket and adjusted the cooking time accordingly. Came out very moist and tender with great flavor. My only problem with it was there was no liquid left in the pan even after doubling the water. Next time I will check during cooking and add as necessary. Thanks for sharing!
- 6 -7 lbs beef brisket
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 4 -5 teaspoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup chili sauce
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 (5 ounce) jar prepared horseradish
- 1 cup boiling water
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle the beef with seasoned salt; coat evenly with flour.
- Set on a rack in a roasting pan and roast at 450 F.
- for 30 minutes.
- Combine the chili sauce, ketchup, and horseradish; mix well and spoon over meat.
- Pour boiling water into bottom of pan; cover.
- Reduce temperature to 350 F.
- and return meat to oven.
- Continue roasting about 3 hours, or until meat is tender.
- If desired, thicken cooking liquid for gravy.