Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Wonderful Texas beef brisket rub. A Sufficient amount for a 5-6 pound brisket. I adopted this recipe in September, 2006. I have used it several times and it's wonderful.
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried sweet basil leaves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground savory
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Mix ingredients together and place in a shaker if you have one.
- Sprinkle liberally over a 5-6 pound brisket and wrap tightly in plastic.
- Refrigerate at least overnight, until cooking time.
Used this same amount, only on a 15lb brisket. Best Brisket I have ever made, and a great flavor rub ! Thanks
This brisket recipe is amazing! Found it on here about 2 years ago and have not used another rub recipe since then. Instead of using the mustard powder, I cover the brisket completely in yellow mustard and then put the dry rub on. Definitely a must try recipe, thanks!!!
I have used this recipe several times and my family loves it. Being displaced Texans, it reminds us all of home! I too throw it on the grill for about 5 minutes a side and then cook on a really low heat in the oven with a little water and liquid smoke, turns out great everytime!