Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 hrs
This is an inexpensive meat with an expensive taste.
Make and share this Beef Brisket in a Mushroom Wine Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- Sprinkle beef with 1/2 teaspoon of pepper. Heat oil in frying pan; brown brisket on all sides.
- In crock pot, add onion, garlic, mushrooms with rosemary and pepper sprinkled on top.
- Place brisket on top of vegetables.
- Mix wine and mustard; pour over brisket.
- Cover and cook on Low for 8 - 10 hours.
- Place brisket on a platter and keep warm.
- Skim of fat from cooking liquid and discard. Blend cornstarch and water.
- Turn crock pot to High and slowly pour in cornstarch mixture; blend well. Cover and cook for additional 2 to 3 minutes or until sauce is thickened.
- Slice brisket across the grain. Serve with gravy.