Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This recipe was developed and given to me by a good friend. This is the way that my friend's mother and sister make beef brisket. This recipe is so good! Gravy comes out brown and slightly sweet. Brisket will melt in your mouth.
- 4 lbs beef brisket, fat trimmed to 1/4 inch
- 12 ounces Coca-Cola (do not use diet)
- 1 ounce dry onion soup mix (I use Lipton)
- 10 1⁄2 ounces cream of mushroom soup (can substitute cream of celery or cream of chicken)
- 10 ounces chili sauce (Heinz works best)
- 1 large onion, sliced
- salt and pepper
- Rinse brisket under cool running water and thoroughly pat dry. Sprinkle meat generously with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Place sliced onion onto bottom of slow-cooker. Top with seasoned beef brisket.
- Combine all other ingredients to make a sauce and pour over the meat.
- Top with lid and cook on low setting for about 8 hours or on high setting for about 4 hours.
I tried this tonight and it was amazing. My dad used to make beef stew with Coca-Cola as his "secret ingredient" so when I saw that in this recipe I just had to try it. It makes the meat so tender. It just melts in your mouth. Perfect balance of sweet and savory. Great recipe! Also, as a new mom, I appreciated the payoff of a delicious meal without much prep time!
The smell will draw your family into the kitchen to peek. My family thought the flavors of this recipe were excellent. 10 Stars!
on a scale of 1 to 5, this is a 1.Tastes funny