27 hrs 30 mins
3 hrs 30 mins
From "Philadelphia, Main Line Classics" recipe book. I've made this many times; once for a party at the house. I made a 5 lb. brisket assuming that with everything else I was serving(I had set up a buffet), that amount would be sufficient. I ran out of brisket which wouldn't have been bad except that a guest that decided to wait to eat didn't get any and several guests raved about how good it was.I think those guests had several helpings which is the advantage of a buffet for the guests but in this case, a disadvantage for the host. lol
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Best if this is done the day before serving: Rub brisket with liquid smoke and salt.
- 2Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 3Bake covered for 3 hours.
- 4Do not rush, as this will insure the meat tender.
- 5Cool and refrigerate several hours until firm (or overnight).
- 6This makes it easy to slice. (I usually do up to this step the day before).
- 7Slice meat very thinly and cover with sauce.
- 8For sauce: Combine all ingredients in saucepan and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 9Place meat in baking dish and cover with sauce.
- 10Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Bake until heated through about 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Brisket Bar-b-q
Serving Size: 1 (259 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 848.1
- Calories from Fat 543
- Total Fat 60.4 g
- Saturated Fat 24.2 g
- Cholesterol 165.5 mg
- Sodium 869.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 34.1 g
- Protein 39.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: