Recipe by Isabelle's Mom
The most amazing "no hassle" beef recipe I know. My mom-in-law gave it to me (one of my hubb'y favorites)and I love making it for crowds of people. Enjoy! Enjoy! Enjoy!
- 5 -7 lbs beef brisket (fresh, not corned- can get at Sam's, Bj's, Costco)
- 10 -12 ounces soy sauce
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can beef consomme
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 1 tablespoon liquid garlic (or 1-2 cloves)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix liquids and pour over brisket.
- Refrigerate for 24 hours. (This step is not mandatory since the meat cooks in the juices for so long).
- Bake in covered dish (can use foil) or roasting pan for 4-5 hours at 300 degrees.
- When done cooking, the meat should be very tender. Cut it into strips and return it to the pan with the marinade for serving.