Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs 30 mins
The most amazing "no hassle" beef recipe I know. My mom-in-law gave it to me (one of my hubb'y favorites)and I love making it for crowds of people. Enjoy! Enjoy! Enjoy!
- 5 -7 lbs beef brisket (fresh, not corned- can get at Sam's, Bj's, Costco)
- 10 -12 ounces soy sauce
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can beef consomme
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 1 tablespoon liquid garlic (or 1-2 cloves)
- Mix liquids and pour over brisket.
- Refrigerate for 24 hours. (This step is not mandatory since the meat cooks in the juices for so long).
- Bake in covered dish (can use foil) or roasting pan for 4-5 hours at 300 degrees.
- When done cooking, the meat should be very tender. Cut it into strips and return it to the pan with the marinade for serving.
We love the flavor the liquid smoke gave the brisket! I didn't have liquid garlic but chopped two cloves of garlic. Wonder flavor. Thank you so much Bianca, for sharing this. :-)
I have been looking for a good indoor beef brisket recipe for several years. This is wonderful.
This is exactly what I was looking for. It was delish and so easy!! Thanks for a great post. Wonderful!!!