Recipe by Boca Pat
I've had this recipe for years and every so often I get the urge to make it. It tastes wonderful after simmering in a pot of sauce with meatballs and sausage.
- 1⁄2 lb ground chuck
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup grated romano cheese
- 4 (6 ounce) top round steaks, cut 1/4 inch thick
- 1⁄2 cup oil (for frying)
- 1⁄2 cup flour, for coating
Directions See How It's Made
- To Make Filling: Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- To Make Braciola: Lay the steak slices on a work surface Divide the filling into 4 portions and place a portion atop each steak slice, spread the filling thinly over the entire surface of each slice and roll, jelly roll style, starting at the shorter end and secure each roll with a toothpick.
- Heat oil in skillet Place flour in shallow dish& dredge each beef roll in flour, then place rolls in skillet& brown on all sides.
- Remove and drain Add to your favorite pot of spaghetti sauce and simmer for 1 1/2- 2 hours.