Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is the best rolled up steak you ever had! A very authentic recipe from Italy. Serve it with any type of pasta.
- 1 large round steak, cut into 6 inch wide portions
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, Chopped
- 1⁄2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon parsley, Chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 large garlic clove, Minced
- 3⁄4 cup asiago cheese or 3⁄4 cup romano cheese or 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (32 ounce) jarof your favorite spaghetti sauce, Homemade Sauce would be great with this meal
- Pound steak thin. You can also ask the butcher to do this for you.
- Add oil to pan and saute' the chopped onion. Then add the rest of the ingredients and mix well together.
- Lay out the round steak and layer on the mixture and roll up and secure with Butcher's twine or toothpics.
- Fry until browned.
- Pour in the sauce. Cook 45 minutes. Remove from the sauce and cool.
- When cooled remove the twine or toothpics and slice 1/2 inch thick.
- Pour the sauce over the rolls and reheat if needed. Serve hot. Enjoy with any type of pasta that you like.