Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This takes only a few minutes to prepare but the taste is incredible and perfect for a Sunday dinner when you only have an hour to cook but you still want a special meal!
- 2 lbs boneless beef chuck, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 1⁄3 cups sliced carrots
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes (I use Contadina Diced with Roasted Garlic)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (2 ounce) packagelipton beefy onion soup mix
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- 1 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 (8 ounce) package egg noodles
- Preheat ovet to 400.
- In a 2 quart casserole, toss beef with flour.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Add carrots, undrained tomatoes, salt, pepper, garlic and bay leaf
- Mix the onion soup with the wine and add to casserole.
- Bake covered for 1 1/2 hours.
- Add mushrooms and bake an additional 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions
- Spoon the bourguignonne over the noodles and enjoy!
Gave this on a go recently and I loved it! Simple but effective, and you get to put your feet up for a bit :) Very tasty.