Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
The family always loves this quick and easy recipe. I serve with egg noodles.
- 1 lb lean beef, cubed
- 2 tablespoons dried onion
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can beef broth
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 -3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- Brown beef in skillet. While browning, sprinkle generously with pepper and about 2 shakes of paprika. Add minced onions.
- Mix cornstarch with cold water (1/2 - 3/4 cup) to make a milky mixture.
- When beef is cooked to desired doneness, add broth, wine, worcestershire, and last of all the cornstarch mixture.
- Stirring constantly, bring to a boil then immediately turn down heat to a simmer. Add mushrooms and allow to simmer until noodles are cooked.