Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 hrs
This is from crock-pot.com and is one of my favorite recipes for Beef Bourguignon. There are so many good recipes out there, it's hard to choose, but I always fall back on this one. Hopefully this isn't a repeat, if it is, I apologize - but there were over 2000 recipes listed for Beef Bourguignon!
- 6 slices bacon
- 3 lbs beef rump, cut into 1 to 2 inch pieces or 3 lbs stewing beef
- 1 large carrot, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 -4 tablespoons flour
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed beef broth
- 2 cups Burgundy wine (I confess, in a pinch I've used Merlot and it tasted just fine)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon whole thyme leaves
- 1 whole bay leaf
- 1⁄2 lb small white pearl onion, peeled
- 1 lb fresh sliced mushrooms
- Cook bacon in large skillet until crisp.
- Remove, drain, and set aside.
- Add beef cubes and brown well.
- Place browned beef cubes in crock pot.
- Brown carrot and yellow onion.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in flour.
- Add broth, mix well and add all to crock pot.
- Add cooked bacon, wine, tomato paste, garlic, bay leaf, pearl onions, and sliced mushrooms.
- Cover and cook on low 10-12 hours or high for 5-6 hours.
Crabzilla, This was very, very good. I would rather rate it 4.5 stars. I added some spices because that is me. I dredged the beef in Recipe #22089 and added a dash of worcestershire sauce at the end. Delicious and will most definitely make again. Thanks so much for sharing!