10 hrs 30 mins
This is from crock-pot.com and is one of my favorite recipes for Beef Bourguignon. There are so many good recipes out there, it's hard to choose, but I always fall back on this one. Hopefully this isn't a repeat, if it is, I apologize - but there were over 2000 recipes listed for Beef Bourguignon!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 slices bacon
- 3 lbs beef rump, cut into 1 to 2 inch pieces or 3 lbs stewing beef
- 1 large carrot, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 -4 tablespoons flour
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed beef broth
- 2 cups Burgundy wine (I confess, in a pinch I've used Merlot and it tasted just fine)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon whole thyme leaves
- 1 whole bay leaf
- 1/2 lb small white pearl onion, peeled
- 1 lb fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1Cook bacon in large skillet until crisp.
- 2Remove, drain, and set aside.
- 3Add beef cubes and brown well.
- 4Place browned beef cubes in crock pot.
- 5Brown carrot and yellow onion.
- 6Season with salt and pepper.
- 7Stir in flour.
- 8Add broth, mix well and add all to crock pot.
- 9Add cooked bacon, wine, tomato paste, garlic, bay leaf, pearl onions, and sliced mushrooms.
- 10Cover and cook on low 10-12 hours or high for 5-6 hours.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Bourguignon (Crock Pot)
Serving Size: 1 (287 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 647.1
- Calories from Fat 286
- Total Fat 31.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Cholesterol 153.7 mg
- Sodium 971.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 57.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: