Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
From The Everyday Low Carb Slow Cooker Cookbook. Per Serving: 585 calories, 43g protein, 9 net carbs, 37g fat, 140mg cholesterol, 1431mg sodium
- 8 piece cooked bacon, chopped
- 354.88 ml red wine
- 354.88 ml beef broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 7.39 ml thyme
- 59.14 ml tomato paste
- 4.92 ml Dijon mustard
- 29.58 ml minced garlic
- 4.92 ml black pepper
- 14.79 ml quick-cooking tapioca
- 29.58 ml olive oil, divided
- 2 (566.99 g) package mushrooms, quartered
- 7.39 ml celery salt
- 907.18 g beef stew meat, fat trimmed
- 453.59 g bag frozen pearl onions, thawed
- Add first 10 ingredients (bacon through tapioca) to crockpot; stir well to combine.
- In medium skillet, over med heat, warm 1 tbsp oil; add mushrooms and celery salt to the pan.
- Increase heat to med-high and cook mushrooms until they are browned and have given off their liquid (about 5 min).
- Drain mushrooms and add them to the crockpot.
- Return skillet to heat, add remaining olive oil and brown the beef in the oil.
- Add the beef and onions to the crockpot, then stir all ingredients well.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 hours.
- Stir stew well and cook 1 hr more. Remove bay leaf before serving.