Recipe by C & D's Mommy
One of my hubby's faves!! Goes great over Yorkshire pudding or crusty bread!!
Top Review by Marla Swoffer
Superb! The only thing I did differently was to add a couple stalks of sliced celery (I found a similar recipe on Zaar to this one and it had that). I didn't have marjoram but it didn't affect the great taste. I thought it wouldn't need the salt because of the soy sauce but we ended up sprinkling some on at the table, so I'll for sure include it next time. Was so surprised it could taste this yummy without any beef stock or worcestershire! Served it over mashed potatoes. This will definitely be going into our regular dinner rotation. Thank you :)
- 2 lbs stewing beef
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms (or you can also use the small button mushrooms, uncut)
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon marjoram
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix soy sauce and flour together to form a paste.
- Coat the meat in the paste.
- Put in a casserole dish or roasting pan.
- Add onions, carrots, marjoram, thyme garlic, wine and salt and pepper. Stir so that everything is mixed up.
- Cover and bake at 325F for one hour.
- Add the mushroom and continue to cook, covered for another 1.5-2 hours.