Recipe by Dancer^
When this is cooking the smell of this drives me crazy.
Top Review by meync
This is my "go-to" recipe for years now....I found this a while ago and making it again today! Thought I'd add my review ;)...I follow the ingredients exactly and my family is over the moon for it...only thing I do that is different is I use venison....any meat you choose to use would be perfect ....IMHO...just awesome, so glad I found this! thank you!!! My house smells amazing right now!!!
- 2 lbs boneless beef chuck roast, cut into 3/4 inch cubes or 2 lbs beef stew meat
- 2 cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons oil or 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large green bell peppers, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 -4 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped (optional)
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- sliced green onion (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain and rinse black beans.
- Trim excess fat from roast, cut into 3/4-inch cubes.
- Heat oil in dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add bell peppers, onion, jalapenos and garlic; cook 10 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently.
- Increase heat to high; add beef cubes and brown on all sides.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Add chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Stir in tomatoes.
- Cover and simmer approximately 1 hour and 20 minutes until meat is fork tender.
- Add beans and heat through.
- Serve in bowls and garnish with cheese, sour cream and green onions as desired.