Recipe by Carrie in Greenville
Yummy & easy! No special ingredients - uses ingredients you normally have around the house. Sour cream is one of the few foods that, in my opinion, tastes as good fat-free as regular, so I always use the fat-free sour cream. The cheap pop-open biscuits work fine too, but you can cut the fat further by using reduced-fat biscuits.
- 3⁄4-1 lb hamburger
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup (yes chicken, not mushroom!)
- 1 dash chicken bouillon
- 1 dash seasoning salt
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 dash parsley
- 1 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) can refrigerated biscuits (the pop-open kind)
- 1 egg
- 1 dash celery seed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F and spray-lube a 7x12 casserole dish.
- Brown hamburger with onion and peppers. Drain extra grease.
- Mix soup, chicken bouillon, seasoning salt and parsley into hamburger.
- Add milk and half of the sour cream, then spread hamburger mixture evenly in casserole dish.
- Cut each biscuit into 6 or 8 pieces and arrange across top of hamburger mixture. (Small pieces of biscuit allow for even cooking without gooey undercooked areas.).
- Mix egg and the rest of the sour cream together, then spread it evenly over the top of the casserole.
- Lightly sprinkle celery seed across the top of the casserole.
- Bake 30-35 minutes, or until top is golden brown and biscuits are totally cooked.