Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
These have reached comfort food status in my house. Very easy to make, spices can be added to personal taste, same with types of cheese, sauce, etc. This can easily be adjusted to a lower fat version by adjusting the ground beef fat content, biscuits and cheese. I am sure there are lots of these recipes or similar variations floating around the Zaar.
- 453.59 g ground beef
- 396.89 g jar spaghetti sauce
- 2 (453.59 g) can large refrigerated biscuits (8 oz each, I prefer Pillsbury Grands)
- 236.59 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- 4.92 ml italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Brown ground beef, drain, add spaghetti sauce and seasoning.
- Cook over medium heat about 5-10 minutes or until heated through.
- Press biscuits into the bottom and up the sides of greased muffin cups.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons (+) meat mixture into the center of each cup.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with cheese, bake 3 minutes longer or until cheese melts.
These made a great Saturday afternoon snack! I reduced the recipe by about half, and used a regular 10 ct. can of biscuits. I topped my sauce mix with 1/2 piece of pepperoni, and added a bit of mozzarella and parmesan to the cheddar :D YUM! The were easy to make, with ingredients on hand, and I'll certainly be making them again ~ Thanks for sharing RHOS. Made for Fall PAC '09.