Cook8 hrs 15 mins
My husband loved this and it is only 4 pts/serving. I used 2 yellow and 2 red beets -- but if I can find them I may try it with only yellow beets next time to cut down on the redness of the soup. Recipe source: WW Momentum Cookbook
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 lb chuck or 1 lb stewing beef, cut into pieces
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 4 beets, trimmed, peeled and diced
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 1 cup cabbage, sliced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 8 cups beef broth (I used 1 can chicken broth and 1 can beef broth)
- In a large skillet over medium high heat heat the oil and then add the beef, cooking until browned (10 minutes). Transfer beef to slow cooker.
- Add onions to skillet and cook until softened (5 minutes). Transfer to slow cooker with the remainder of the ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Remove bay leaf and serve.
This is a great tasty soup. Great choice of ingredients. It's just that it's too liquid. Another time I'll add more cabbage. 1 cup is not enough. Thanks Ellie :) Made for PRMR tag game