Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is a family favorite...especially on cold days. the gravy this makes is great on sliced bread. so be sure you make enough!!
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb stew meat
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed golden mushroom soup
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer (ANY KIND)
- 4 celery ribs, quartered
- 4 carrots, quartered
- 4 potatoes, quartered
- 4 onions, quartered
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, halved
- canola oil
- salt & pepper
- Flour and season stew meat.
- add oil to large pot and brown stew meat.
- stir in soup and beer.
- add cut up veggies.
- cover and simmer on low for 3 hours.
- hint: we desire more gravy so i double the soup and beer.
Hey, great one, Dianne! Followed your advice and made double sauce. Served it with some homebaked crusty sourdough for sopping up the gravy. Delicious! Thanks.