Recipe by Timothy H.
It has been said that a Beef tenderloin could not be improved.Then again,what wouldn't sweet and delicate crab,artichoke hearts and garlic-herb cream cheese improve?
- 4 ounces cooked crabmeat
- 0.5 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 0.25 (5 ounce) container soft fresh goat cheese
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 2 lbs center-cut beef tenderloin
- 1 tablespoon coarsley ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- For the filling, in a small bowl combine crabmeat,artichoke hearts,cheese, and green onion.
- Trim fat from beef.Butterfly the meat by making a lenghtwise cut down the center of meat,cutting to within 1/2 inch of the other side.Spread open. Place knife in the "v" of the first cut. Cut away from the first cut and parallel to the cut surface to within 1/2 inch of the other side of the meat. Repeat on opposite side of "v." Spread pepper evenly over meat; rub in with your fingers.
- For grilling, Preheat grill,reduce to medium.Place meat on grill for 8-10 minutes or until browned,turning frequently.Place meat over a drip pan. Adjust for indirect cooking. Cook 35-40 minutes for medium rare.