Happy Harry #2's Note:
When I was just learning about tofu and how to cook with it, my husband suggested making a beef and tofu combo. It turned out really tasty, and was a great way to introduce the kids to something new! AND...it was easy on the pocketbook too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 lb extra firm tofu
- 1 small green pepper, small dice
- 1 medium yellow onion, small dice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup beef broth (can use vegetable broth)
- 2 -3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- rice (optional)
- 1Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2Add garlic, onion and green pepper. Stir-fry 30 seconds. Stir in chili powder and sugar.Mix all together another 30 seconds.
- 3Add beef, breaking up with a wooded spoon.
- 4Add tofu, broth, and soy sauce.
- 5Reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 6Combine cornstarch and water. Stir gently into meat mixture until liquid thickens.
- 7This is now ready to serve. It goes nicely with steamed white or brown rice.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef & Bean Tofu Chili
Serving Size: 1 (362 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 181.6
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 36.9 mg
- Sodium 407.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 17.6 g