Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a delicious but simple recipe that's bursting with flavor! Also good for a quick meal and can easily be doubled for larger batches. I can honestly say that when we have these, there are never any leftovers.
- 1 lb thin cut round steak (you can substitute any thin lean cut steak)
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes (with diced green chilies)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can red kidney beans
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, minced
- 1⁄3 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 flour tortillas
- Saute onion & garlic in skillet on medium heat. Add steak & cook until brown. (Do not drain, those juices add lots of flavor later!).
- Drain tomatoes & kidney beans, add to skillet and cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Sprinkle cilantro all over & mix well. Cook for a few more minutes until heated throughout.
- Warm up flour tortillas, sprinkle cheese inside, & spoon desired amount into tortilla. Enjoy!
Muy bueno! I kept saying mmmm for each bite I had! At first I thought that not using the sauce when frying woud render the mixture dry and lessen the taste, but in fact, it was very tasty! I used a mixture of diced tomatoes and tomatillos in here and served it with sour cream, Mexican salsa spiked with a tsp of chopped jalapenos, guacamole and lots of water (for drinking to bear the heat! lol)! So filling! I'll be making this again! Muchas gracias! Made for ZWT5's The Chow Hounds. 2009.
jennie these were really good!! i resisted the urge to use pinto beans & i'm glad i did...everything tasted great. i doubled the recipe & froze the extra burritos for my bf's lunch for the week so he's a happy camper!! :) made for zwt4 family pick.
My hubby and I enjoyed these quick and easy burritos for lunch the other day. I threw in some salsa and sour cream (cuz we like it) as I wrapped the burritos and it was a very nice feed. Made for ZWT4 by a fellow Crazy Cook! (-; Hey Jen!