Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is from Southern Living.
Make and share this Beef, Bean and Cornbread Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 (16 ounce) cans pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 1⁄2 ounces canned diced green chiles
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (6 ounce) package cornbread mix
- Cook first 3 ingredients in a large saucepan, coated with cooking spray, over medium-high heat, stirring until beef crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain and pat with paper towels. Wipe dripping from skillet with a paper towel.
- Return beef mixture to skillet. Stir in tomato sauce and next 5 ingredients. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 10 minutes. Pour into a lightly greased 2 quart baking dish.
- Prepare cornbread batter according to package directions using skim milk. Pour over beef mixture.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 30 minutes or until lightly browned.