Little Suzy Homemaker's Note:
This recipe is from Southern Living.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 (16 ounce) cans pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 1/2 ounces canned diced green chiles
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (6 ounce) package cornbread mix
- 1Cook first 3 ingredients in a large saucepan, coated with cooking spray, over medium-high heat, stirring until beef crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain and pat with paper towels. Wipe dripping from skillet with a paper towel.
- 2Return beef mixture to skillet. Stir in tomato sauce and next 5 ingredients. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 10 minutes. Pour into a lightly greased 2 quart baking dish.
- 3Prepare cornbread batter according to package directions using skim milk. Pour over beef mixture.
- 4Bake at 400 degrees F for 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef, Bean and Cornbread Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (397 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 513.2
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 49.7 mg
- Sodium 865.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.7 g
- Sugars 10.7 g
- Protein 32.3 g