Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is so good and feeds a lot of people. An older couple we know said it tasted just like the BBQ they used to get when they were courting. Roasting time is approximate.
- 4 lbs beef, cubed
- 3 large onions, diced
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3⁄4 cup catsup
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- Sprinkle meat with salt and pepper.
- Place in roaster and cover with onions.
- Mix all remaining ingredients and pour over meat.
- Cover and bake 1 hour at 325.
- Reduce heat to 300 and cook until meat breaks up with fork.
- Shred meat and serve on rolls.
This is really good and has a nice spicy taste. I'm used to a sweeter BBQ sandwich, but this was delicious too! I reduced the salt and chili powder a little bit and cooked the meat for almost 3 1/2 hours. It was very tender and flavorful, and it was easy to make. Thanks!