Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs 10 mins
Found this on a package of stew meat I bought. Putting here for safe keeping.
Make and share this Beef Barley Soup With Spinach... recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs stew meat
- 1 (1 ounce) packagedry onion and mushroom soup mix (.9-1.4 oz size)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 cup medium pearl barley
- 4 cups fresh Baby Spinach
- 5 cups water
- Combine beef, soup mix, thyme, 5 cups water, 1/2 teaspoons salt and 1/4 teaspoons pepper in pot, bring to boil.
- Reduce heat cover and simmer 1 hour.
- Stir in barley simmer covered 45 minutes-1 hour or till tender and beef is fork tender.
- Stir in spinach remove from heat. Let stand covered 5 minutes.