Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
The beef is extra lean ground beef in this super simple soup.My friends and family love it. Friends are surprised to learn how simple it is to make (and how few ingredients) when they request the recipe as they often do. Sometimes I add a package of frozen spinach to up the nutritional value..it's good both ways.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs extra lean ground beef
- 2 quarts water with 8 bouillon cubes (to flavor)
- 4 medium potatoes, cubed to bite size
- 4 carrots, sliced thin
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup barley
- salt and pepper
- Brown the ground beef in a large soup pot. Add the remaining ingredients. Simmer for 1 hour. This makes a large pot of soup.Use a 5 quart or larger pot. ENJOY!