Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
From the June 2007 edition of Chile Pepper magazine.
- 1 cup hulled barley
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup blanched sliced almonds
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 29 fluid ounces beef broth
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large frying pan over medium heat, saute the barley, butter, almonds, and parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon mixture into an ungreased baking dish, and add the broth. Cover and bake in the preheated oven for approximately 70 minutes. Stir and serve warm.