Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe is a one dish full meal casserole
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1⁄2 bottle barbecue sauce
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) can pork and beans
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can refrigerated biscuits
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat over to 375 degrees.
- Brown hamburger, drain fat.
- Add pork and beans, barbecue sauce, onions, salt, and pepper.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- Pour into lightly greased casserole dish.
- Cut biscuits in halves, place cut side down, forming circle around edge of casserole.
- Top with grated cheese.
- Bake 20 minutes.
I made this with ground bison and omitted the biscuits, and it's wonderful! It didn't require salt or pepper -- the barbeque sauce had quite enough flavor. (My half-bottle was 6 oz -- I'm not sure a bottle of barbeque sauce is an ANSI standard unit).
This casserole was very easy to make and tasted delicious. The only change I made was to cook my biscuits separately. I don't like cooking biscuits on top of casseroles as the bottom of the biscuits tend to be soggy. This is a great recipe for those days when you need to have a meal ready in a short amount of time. I served the biscuits separately and added a salad for a quick, easy meal.