My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 907.18 g beef chuck, Ground
- 2 large pineapple
- 2 medium onions, Chopped
- 3 clove garlic, Minced
- 29.58 ml cooking fat or 29.58 ml oil
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml ginger, Ground
- 2.46 ml seasoning salt
- 1.23 ml pepper, Freshly Ground
- 118.29 ml coffee flavored brandy
- 236.59 ml fresh pineapple, Diced
- 236.59 ml canned mandarin oranges
- 59.14 ml mandarin liqueur
- 18 fresh mushrooms
- 44.37 ml butter
- 18 strip pimientos
- 709.77 ml rice, Cooked
- 1Cut tops from pineapples.
- 2With a sharp knife, hollow out fruit, leaving about 3/4 inch pineapple on sides and bottom. (Be careful not to cut through outside shells.) Dice 1 cup pineapple. (Use remainder for salad or dessert) Cook onions and garlic in cooking fat in large frying-pan 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3Add ground beef, salt, ginger, seasoned salt and pepper.
- 4Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until ground beef begins to brown.
- 5Warm brandy in small pan over low heat, ignite and pour over beef mixture, lifting pan from heat and shaking until flame dies.
- 6Continue cooking for 8 to 10 minutes.
- 7Remove from heat; add 1 cup diced pineapple, orange segments and mandarine liquer, stirring carefully to mix.
- 8Fill pineapple shells (barrels) with beef and fruit mixture.
- 9Place filled fruit upright in foil lined pan.
- 10Bake in a moderate oven (350 degrees F.) for 35 minutes.
- 11Meanwhile remove stemms from mushrooms, slightly hollowing out caps.
- 12Cook caps in butter in small frying-pan about 3 minutes.
- 13Curl up each pimiento strip and place in mushroom cap.
- 14To serve, set both "Barrels" on warm plater, spoon beef mixture over rice on individual dinner plates and garnish each serving with 3 stuffed mushroom caps.
Browse Our Top Pineapple Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pineapple Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Baked in a Barrel
Serving Size: 1 (1020 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1025.6
- Calories from Fat 303
- Total Fat 33.6 g
- Saturated Fat 14.3 g
- Cholesterol 119.5 mg
- Sodium 577.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 145.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.2 g
- Sugars 46.8 g
- Protein 40.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
coffee flavored brandy