Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 avocado, seeded, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 lb boneless beef sirloin or 1 lb eye round steak, cut 1 inch thick
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 2 fresh anaheim chilies or 2 poblano peppers, cut into 1 inch squares
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- shredded lettuce
- Drizzle lemon juice over avocado.
- Toss gently and set aside.
- Trim fat from steak.
- Cut beef into 2x1 inch thin strips.
- Thread steak onto four 12 inch skewers, accordion style.
- Thread onions and peppers on additional skewers, alternately with onion and pepper.
- Brush with oil.
- Grill kabobs over medium heat for 10 to 12 minutes or until steak is cooked to desired doneness.
- Brush occasionally with salsa.
- Divide steak, onion, peppers, avocado lettuce and tortillas.
- Serve with tortillas and additional salsa.