Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This recipe is from Betty Crocker's "More Slow Cooker" recipes book. Great sandwich! My husband loves it! Excellent for a sandwich tray at a party or social event! I added some swiss and mozzarella cheese to this hoagie sandwich. It was great!
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 4 lbs beef boneless beef rump roast, fat trimmed
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 (2/3 ounce) envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 hoagie rolls, split
- 1 large green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 12 slices provolone cheese, cut in half
- Place onion slices and broth in a 3 to 4 quart crock pot. Coat beef roast with vinegar. Put beef roast on top of onions in crock pot. Dust with dressing mix, salt, and pepper.
- Cover. Cook on low 8 to 10 hours. Can cook longer if not to your desired doneness.
- Before serving, take beef roast out of pot and cut into thin slices. Return the slices to the crock pot and mix well.
- Serve beef on buns with bell peppers, cheeses, and mayo or other condiments of your choice.
- I put a little cajun seasoning on the beef roast while cooking.
I made this exactly as written and it was good but a bit dry. I cooked mine for 8 hours but next time would only cook it for 6 hours.
Definitely adding this one to the rotation! I didn't include the balsamic vinegar (bad experience with it last week...) but I will use it next time for sure.
This was great!!! Followed it 2 the T but added a can of light beer 3/4 jar of jalapenos 2 it. Tasted great.