Recipe by LilPinkieJ
Beef Asparagus Stir Fry Recipe from Festival Foods, a grocery store in Green Bay. This was featured on the local morning news.
Top Review by dgbg100106
There was a special on Asparagus this week so I went looking for something different, I found this ï�Š! We all really enjoyed it but it does have two of our favorite ingredients, Beef and asparagus. Thanks for posting.
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced, divided
- 1 lb sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup beef broth
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper, sliced
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- In a shallow glass container, combine 1 Tablepoon of oil, sugar, and half of the ginger. Add beef and turn to coat. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth, soy sauce, sesame oil, vinegar and remaining ginger until blended. Set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, brown beef in 1 Tablespoon of oil. Remove and keep warm. Add 1 more tablespoon of oil to the pan. Stir fry asparagus, red pepper and mushrooms for a minute or two. Add water chestnuts and onions; stir-fry for 1 minute. Add cornstarch mixture to the skillet.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Return beef to the pan; heat through.
- Serve over hot rice. Garnish with sesame seeds.