Beef Asparagus Stir Fry Recipe from Festival Foods, a grocery store in Green Bay. This was featured on the local morning news.
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced, divided
- 1 lb sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup beef broth
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper, sliced
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- In a shallow glass container, combine 1 Tablepoon of oil, sugar, and half of the ginger. Add beef and turn to coat. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth, soy sauce, sesame oil, vinegar and remaining ginger until blended. Set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, brown beef in 1 Tablespoon of oil. Remove and keep warm. Add 1 more tablespoon of oil to the pan. Stir fry asparagus, red pepper and mushrooms for a minute or two. Add water chestnuts and onions; stir-fry for 1 minute. Add cornstarch mixture to the skillet.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Return beef to the pan; heat through.
- Serve over hot rice. Garnish with sesame seeds.
There was a special on Asparagus this week so I went looking for something different, I found this ï�Š! We all really enjoyed it but it does have two of our favorite ingredients, Beef and asparagus. Thanks for posting.
We just had this with the first local asparagus and it was awesome! I used a marinated cross rib steak that I had in the freezer, and did not have water chestnuts so I pulled a couple of radishes out of the garden and used them as a sub, since they have about the same consistency- very clever I thought ;-). Very easy to cut in half for the two os us. Thanks Jess.