Top Review by ComputerUp
While this was a good basic recipe, it was missing something and was a bit dry. So at the end, I added in a couple of tablespoons of butter, plus a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil, mixed well, and that seemed to do the trick! Everyone loved the dish, even with me making it with multigrain pasta instead of white pasta.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1 lb fresh asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup minced shallot (about 2 large)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water 10 minutes or until almost tender.
- Add asparagus; continue cooking 3 to 4 minutes or until pasta and asparagus are tender.
- Drain well.
- Meanwhile brown ground beef in large non-stick skillet over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until beef is not pink, breaking up into 3/4 inch crumbles.
- Remove from skillet with slotted spoon.
- Pour off drippings.
- Heat oil in same skillet over medium heat until hot.
- Add shallots and garlic; cook 3 to 4 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat.
- Add beef; toss to mix.
- Season with salt and pepper, as desired.
- Combine beef mixture with pasta and asparagus in large bowl; toss well.
- Sprinkle with cheese, if desired.