Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I just "discovered" arugula about a year ago and can't get enough of it. Unfortunately it is not always available, or fresh, where I live, but when it is, I love it. Baby spinach, watercress, or other salad green can be substituted. You can also use fire roasted red peppers from a jar instead of making your own. They are usually with the pickles and olives.
Red Pepper Pesto
- 2 large red bell peppers
- 78.07 ml walnuts, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2.46 ml salt
- 946.36 ml arugula
- 78.07 ml feta cheese, crumbled
- 118.29 ml crouton (optional)
- salad dressing (vinaigrette preferred) (optional)
- 453.59 g steak, grilled and thinly sliced (Marinated Grilled Skirt Steak)
- Cut peppers lengthwise in half, remove seeds and place peppers cut sides down on baking sheet lined with foil. Broil until charred, about 20 minutes. Cool, remove and discard skins, and cut peppers in wide strips.
- Combine peppers, walnuts, garlic, oil and salt in a food processor. Process until chunky.
- Combined arugula, feta cheese, croutons and salad dressing, if using in a large salad bowl or platter. Place steak on top.
- Spoon pesto over steak. Serves 4.