Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
These are classy and delicious.
Make and share this Beef, Apple & Arugula Appetizers recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely-grated fresh horseradish
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tart green apples, cored,halved and cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 1⁄2 lbs roast beef, sliced thick,about 1/8 inch width
- 1⁄4 lb arugula, big stems removed
- Combine the mayonnaise, horseradish, 2 teaspoons of the lemon juice and plenty of black pepper.
- Toss the apple thoroughly in the remaining lemon juice to prevent browning.
- Cut the roast beef into strips about 1-inch wide and 5-to 7-inches long.
- Place an apple slice and a few arugula leaves on the short end of each strip -- they should stick out on the edges -- and spoon about 1/2 teaspoon horseradish cream over.
- Roll up and spear with a toothpick.
- Wrap tightly and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve cold.
We loved this and its so easy. I used Kraft horseradish sauce to make it even easier and deli roast beef. I cut the roast beef slices in half lengthwise, spread a very thin layer of horseradish sauce on the meat, sprinkled on some arugula and a slice of apple and wrapped that way. I made this for dinner topping a salad and a bowl of potato soup on the side. I will be useing this for a cocktail buffet I will be hosting. Its too good and too easy not to include. It would also be good for lunches or quick snacks and great for low carb diets. Thanks for posting this wonderful recipe.
This really is a classic. I wrapped mine very tightly and did not need a toothpick. This recipe is simple, delicious and easy. The flavors are bright and savory, definately a keeper.