Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe comes from the Epicurious website. Go the extra mile and get andouille sausage it really makes a difference. Great served for a picnic with potato salad.
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 8 ounces andouille sausages, cut into pieces
- 2 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 2 shallots, minced
- fennel seed, crushed
- 6 seasame seeds buns
- 6 slices red onions (thick slices)
- olive oil
- 1 cup grated asiago cheese
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained
- Finely chop sun-dried tomatoes in food processor. Blend in mayonnaise and mustard. Transfer to small bowl and cover and chill. Can be made up to 1 day ahead.
- Finely chop andouille sausage in processor. Transfer to large bowl. Add beef, shallots, salt, pepper and fennel seeds. Stir with fork just until blended. Form mixture into 6 patties.
- Prepare barbecue on medium high heat. Grill hamburger buns until golden brown for 2min. Transfer to plate. Brush onion slices with oil. Sprinkle with salt & pepper. Grill until golden about 7min. per side. Grill until desired doneness. Sprinkle cheese over top of burgers.
- Spread hamburger buns with sun-dried tomato mayonnaise. Top with red bell peppers. Top with onion slices. Then place hamburgers on and tops of buns.
This burger takes a little bit of work but is sooooo worth it! The fennel seeds and the sausage are a great flavor combination. Made as directed on three different occasions. Friends of mine still talk about the burger as the best they have ever had. Thanks for posting the recipe!