1/2 Photos of Beef and Zucchini Pasta Skillet Meal
All in one dish without the need to cook pasta in a separate pan. It has been a hit with my family. I found this recipe from the Family Circle magazine and adjusted to meet our family's tastes. They estimated that each serving costs less than $2 per serving (from 2006 estimates).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb sirloin steak (cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 1 teaspoon steak seasoning (spicy flavor)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil (divided)
- 1 small vidalia onion (sliced thin)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans beef broth (low fat and low sodium)
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 lb ditalini (or other long tubular pasta)
- 2 zucchini (diced into 1/4 inch cubes)
- 2 Italian tomatoes (diced)
- basil (to taste)
- 1Cut steak into 1-inch cubes.
- 2Season with the spicy steak seasoning.
- 3In large non-stick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium-high heat.
- 4Add steak and cook until browned all over (approximately 3-5 minutes).
- 5Remove steak to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- 6Add and heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil in skillet.
- 7Add thinly sliced onion and minced cloves of garlic - saute 5 minutes.
- 8Add beef broth and tomato sauce and bring to a boil.
- 9Add pasta and cover skillet.
- 10Simmer for 8 minutes - stirring often.
- 11Add thickly diced (1/4 inch) zucchini and cook covered until zucchini is crisp-tender (approximately 6-8 minutes).
- 12Return steak to skillet and add diced tomatoes.
- 13Heat everything through for 1 minute.
- 14Top with basil (to your taste) before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef and Zucchini Pasta Skillet Meal
Serving Size: 1 (425 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 378.5
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 15.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 56.7 mg
- Sodium 967.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 23.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: