Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This has an Italian flavor to it. Yummy.
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 3 cups diced zucchini (about 3 small)
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 1⁄2 cups hot cooked rice
- Cook beef in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until browned; stir to crumble. Drain well.
- Wipe pan with paper towel. Coat with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat. Add zucchini and garlic; sauté 5 minutes.
- Add beef, seasoning, and sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add 2/3 cup cheese; stir until cheese melts.
- Serve over rice. Sprinkle with 1/3 cup cheese.
This is comfort food!!! Good recipe