Recipe by Colby's Mom
A different twist on the traditional hamburger. I like any recipe that squeezes in more green vegetables.
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons salsa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 1 zucchini, finely diced
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground chuck or 1 1⁄4 lbs ground turkey
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 (7 inch) pita breads, warmed
Directions See How It's Made
- Make sauce: combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Heat oil in nonstick skillet; add onion, half the zucchini and cook 3-4 minutes, until tender.
- Toss beef with zucchini mixture, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- Shape into four 1/2" thick patties.
- Heat grill pan.
- Grill patties 5-6 minutes per side until an instant-read thermometer inserted into side of burger registers 160 degrees (165 degrees for turkey).
- Place burgers, sauce, and remaining zucchini inside pita.