Recipe by Sarah_Jayne
I am putting this here for when the abundance of zucchini arrive as they do most years. I found this recipe in a booklet called 'Mince Magic' put out by the British beef board.
- 8 ounces ground beef
- 2 ounces plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 medium egg yolk
- 4 fluid ounces milk
- 1 -2 garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds, toasted and crushed
- fresh black pepper
- 1 large zucchini, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 -4 tablespoons sunflower oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, egg and milk to form a batter.
- Cover and set aside.
- Combine all the remaining ingredients together except the oil and shape into 20 bite-sized patties.
- Heat the oil in a large, shallow, non-stick frying pan on a moderate heat.
- Gently coat each patty in batter and mix and fry for 4 to 5 minutes on each side.