Recipe by Sueie
These can be served as a main course with rice or as an entree with the patties on cocktail sticks and the sweet and sour sauce for dipping
- 1 (220 g) can water chestnuts, drained
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 300 g lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1⁄2 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1 (240 ml) bottle sweet and sour sauce
- 1 egg
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Place water chestnuts between two pieces of paper towel and press out excess water.
- Using food processor, chop water chestnuts and onion then add 1 egg and process for 10 seconds.
- Transfer to a bowl, add beef, oyster sauce and breadcrumbs and combine thoroughly.
- Using hands, form mixture into balls the size of walnuts.
- Heat frying pan over medium heat, add oil and cook patties until golden brown and cooked through, (4- 5 minutes).
- Heat sweet and sour sauce and spring onion gently, add patties to sauce and serve.