Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Beef stir fried with broccoli, mushrooms, pea pods, celery is seasoned with lots of garlic, ginger. Serve on a bed of rice.
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 2 lbs sirloin beef, sliced thin
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- 8 ounces pea pods
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, mixed with
- 1 tablespoon chicken broth
- Mix marinade ingredients together in a gallon size zip lock bag and add beef refrigerate 6-8 hours.
- In a large pan or wok heat oil add ginger and garlic follow with broccoli, peas, mushrooms and celery stir fry 3 minutes add 1/2 cup chicken broth and 2 tablespoon of the marinade from the beef, simmer.
- Meanwhile add oil to hot large pan and stir fry drained beef strips (discarding the rest of the marinade) till browned about 4 minutes.
- Add browned beef to veggies.
- Stir in cornstarch and cook till glazed.
Very nice stir-fry. Perfect balance of marinade & sauce to the meat & vegys. Great flavor, especially with the addition of the red pepper flakes. I increased the garlic abit and added raw shrimp during the last minute of cooking. We really enjoyed this recipe, thanks for sharing.
This made a nice stir fry. I marinated the meat all day, and had made the rice the night before, so it made for a quick dinner. I think one of the things that i liked best about this is that the sauce that you do use is very flavorful, but the completed dish isn't swimming in it.
This was really good. I ended up marinating the meat overnight, and grilled it up on the bbq. I cooked the veggies as mentioned, tossing in a little bit of the marinade (cooked) to the veggies for more flavor. It was delish. I used sugar snap pea pods and white button mushrooms (doubled the mushrooms, Yum) Thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for Magic Mushroom Tag game.