Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Cooking for one doesn't have to lead to tons of leftovers. Enjoy this one-person stir-fry next time you're dining solo.
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (may use low sodium)
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 lb sirloin steak, cut into 1/4 inch strips
- 1⁄4 cup broccoli
- 1⁄4 cup cauliflower
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oil
- 1⁄4 cup bell pepper, any color,diced
- 1⁄4 cup cabbage, diced (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup water chestnut, sliced
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 3 tablespoons beef stock or 3 tablespoons broth (may use low sodium)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Combine beef, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, and sugar in a bowl, and allow to marinate for at least 10 minutes.
- In skillet or wok, heat oil and stir fry broccoli and cauliflower until crisp tender.
- Add beef and marinade, and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add remaining vegetables, stir frying for 2-3 minutes.
- Combine broth and cornstarch, then add to skillet, bring to a boil and cook until thickened.
- Serve over rice.