Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a one-skillet meal! Ground beef, peppers, onions, and tomatoes are well seasoned and ready for your favorite tortilla wrap and toppings. This is a great way to sneak in a few more veggies to a family favorite!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tomatoes, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons dried cilantro
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried chipotle powder
- 3⁄4 cup water
- Brown the ground beef on medium-high heat.
- Drain beef if needed.
- Add onions, bell peppers, and tomato (time saver: use a frozen chopped pepper and onion mix).
- Add salt, sugar, and spices. Stir well.
- Add water and allow to simmer for flavors to combine. Cook until water evaporates.
- Serve in tortilla wraps with your favorite toppings.
I used this as a filling for oven-baked chimichangas. My son thanks you for not putting any beans in it! I left out the sugar and added a tiny bit of diced jalapeno. The dried cilantro doesn't pack quite the punch of fresh, but the finished dish was still delicious. Thanks for posting!
Thanks Ruthie! What a terrific recipe. This makes the best tasting burrito we have ever tasted. We are huge Latin food fans and frequent the Latin restaurants in our area. I used different peppers due to an allergy to Bell Peppers and I added Mexican Oregano because I have it in the herb garden. These MAY have tweaked the recipe a little but it is fantastic just the way it is. Well Done!