Recipe by Pietro
This is a change from tradition. The beer adds extra flavour to the beef and vegetables. I prefer to use a lager rather than a heavy type beer. Go on surprise yourself!
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 1⁄2 kg rolled roast beef brisket
- 360 g carrots
- 360 g parsnips
- 150 g baby onions
- 240 g new potatoes
- 2 (375 ml) cans beer
Directions See How It's Made
- In a deep baking dish, heat oil, add beef, cook until lightly brown all over and remove from dish.
- Add prepared vegetables to dish, cook until browned all over.
- Return beef to dish, add beer, bake in a moderately hot oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove vegetables, place on a flat tray, cover with foil and return to oven.
- Turn beef,bake uncovered, about 30 minutes or until beef is cooked through.
- Remove beef from dish, wrap in foil.
- Place baking dish over low heat and simmer until liquid is reduced to about 1 cup (250ml)or thickens to a sauce consistency.
- Slice beef and serve with vegetables and sauce.