Recipe by Carolyn Jay
Very tasty, the beer tenderises the meat so you can use a cheaper cut of meat. Serve with peas and crusty bread. A definite man pleaser.
- 600 g stewing meat such as round steaks
- 600 g mixed vegetables, chopped such as potatoes & carrots
- 1 tablespoon seasoned flour (use salt & pepper)
- 30 g butter
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut meat into 2cm cubes and toss in seasoned flour.
- Melt butter in a large frying pan and cook onions and garlic until soft.
- Add the meat and brown, add sugar, beer, water and sauces.
- Simmer (uncovered) for 90 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add vegetables and cook (covered) for 30 minutes.
- Serve with peas and crusty bread, enjoy.