Recipe by FernWitch
There seem to be a million different ways to make a good Tater Tot Hotdish (or Caserole!) but this is how I make it in my home. A great one dish meal that includes the starch, veggies, and protein all together!
Top Review by Nyteglori
Reviewed for PAC Fall 2007. My Hubby loved this but I found it a bit too salty and a bit too soupy. The taste was otherwise good. My hubby will want me to make it again but next time I will probably decrease the amount of soup.
- 1 lb lean ground beef or 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1⁄2-1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, crushed
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen tater tots
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a pan, combine ground beef, onion, garlic, and rosemary. Brown and drain any excess fat.
- Add cream of celery soup mix to the ground beef and mix well.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine corn, peas, and cheese soup until well blended.
- In a 16 X 9 inch pan, pour beef mixture in first, spreading evenly.
- This is followed by the vegetable mixture as the second layer.
- Completely cover the top with a layer of cheddar cheese.
- Last but not least, arrange tater tots in rows for one final layer covering the entire pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until cheese bubbles through and appears slightly brown at the edges of the pan.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Salt and pepper to taste.