Recipe by BurtonFanatic
NUTRITION INFO (per 6-ounce serving) Calories: 208.9 Fat: 7.8 g Carbohydrates: 15.4 g Protein: 20.1 g If you're looking for easy ways to get plenty of fresh veggies, you've found it. This is best served over long grain rice. From SparkPeople.com
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grated peeled gingerroot
- 1 lb boneless round steak, fat trimmed and cut across grain into 1 1/2-inch strips, raw
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium onions, each cut into 8 wedges
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, rinsed, trimmed, and sliced
- 2 stalks celery, cut into 1/4-inch slices (about 1/2 cup total)
- 2 small green peppers, cut into thin lengthwise strips
- 1 cup water chestnut, drained and sliced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare marinade, mixing vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, and ginger. Marinate meat in mixture while preparing vegetables.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet or wok. Stir-fry onions and mushrooms for 3 minutes over medium-high heat.
- Add celery and cook 1 more minute. Add remaining vegetables and cook 2 minutes or until green pepper is tender crisp. Transfer vegetables to warm bowl.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to skillet.
- Stir-fry meat in oil about 2 minutes or until meat loses its pink color.
- Blend cornstarch and water. Stir into meat. Cook and stir until thickened.
- Return vegetables to skillet; stir gently and serve.